Buy that special someone an AP Physics prep book, now with five-minute quizzes aligned with the exam: 5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics 1

Visit Burrito Girl's handmade ceramics shop, The Muddy Rabbit: Mugs, vases, bowls, tea bowls...

19 March 2024

April 8 2024: Free AP Physics 1 exam prep live show! (Archive link available)

McGraw-Hill, publisher of the 5 Steps to a 5 AP prep book series, is sponsoring a free live physics show for students and teachers.  I'll be presenting from my lab on Monday April 8, from 3:30-5:00pm eastern time.

All are welcome!  The way to join is, teachers (preferably) should "register" for free at this link.  They won't ask for you to make a username and password, nor to receive marketing emails.  Just give your last name and email.  Then, you'll get a message with the link to join - a link you can share with all your students, colleagues, friends, whoever.*

*McGraw-Hill would prefer not to be in the business of collecting student emails.  So they ask for a teacher's email, and ask the teacher to share the link.  They're trying to be entirely above board here!  There's no sneaky agenda to get your personal info!   The only agenda is, they want your students to buy the 5 Steps book.  :-)

I haven't planned the show yet, other than the general vibe, which will be similar to my 2020 live shows or my AP classroom videos (for Physics 1, units 2 and 3).  My pet hippopotamus Edna is excited for the event, and no doubt will make an appearance.

Do you have any requests?  My initial brainstorms are perhaps to set up experiments based on the 2023 P1 exam questions 1 and 2 - about harmonic motion, and a cart rolling down a ramp.  And I'll definitely leave plenty of time for improv, in which Bob the master of ceremonies will read the chat, and relay questions or requests to me.  However, I'm open to all sorts of suggestions now.  Post in the comments, or contact me via email or Bluesky!  I can do a lot in a 90 minute live show.  Tell me what you and/or your students want to see, and I'll try to make it happen!

And spread the word.  Last year, this Physics 1 live show was the best-attended of all of the subjects they offered... by a factor of about 20.  Let's keep that momentum going!  See you on April 8.

Update April 9 2024: The archive link is https://mcgrawhill.info/43yhAkc


3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Is there any way to record it? Us folks on the west coast are in school until 6:45 PM eastern time! The truth hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oof! (You're also not starting school until like 11am our time, so...) Yes, there will be a recording. I will post here when I know how to access it - possibly through the same link? Not sure! It'll be more fun live, 'cause you can interact with me and the other participants. But certainly watch on replay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched the recording. It was a great resource-the recording even shows how to get access to the "5 Steps to a 5" online in preparation for this year's exam. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete