Advertisement disclosure: This post is an ad for an event I'm hosting.
Are you a physics student who wants to ask questions outside of your classroom in a supportive environment? Would you like physics help from the guy who wrote the 5 Steps to a 5 books? (Do you know a physics student like that?)
Join me for the inaugural Physics Night In America on Sunday, November 8, 2020, from 7:00 to 9:30 pm eastern time. I will broadcast via zoom, answering student questions, discussing your physics problems, setting up demonstrations, interacting with the audience...
Think of Physics Night In America as a live improv show, but about your physics questions that you care about.
How it works:
* Register ahead of time, using the instructions below. Registration for students is $30. (Teacher registration is free.) Attendance is limited to the first 30 students who sign up!
* After you're received your confirmation email from me, reply to that email if you'd like to discuss a physics concept, a specific problem, or a general topic. All levels of high school and first-year college physics are fair game!
* For everyone in attendance, I'll guarantee to somehow address the topics and concepts you request. I won't do your homework for you, of course - I will help you understand your homework.
* On November 8, I will send out a zoom link and password. I'll be on a bit early to say hello, and to introduce you to my pet hippopotamus and her friends.
How do students register?
(1) Click the "donate" button below (or in the left column of the blog). It will take you to paypal.
(2) Enter $30.00 as the donation amount, either through paypal or credit card.
(3) Click "Add special instructions to seller" or "Add a note".
(4) In the note, please include your name, and the email address where I should send zoom information.
(5) Fill in payment info and click "donate now".
Cancelation issues: If you register then can't attend, contact me via email. As long as I can replace your spot, I'll send a full refund; if I can't replace your spot, I'll refund all but $10.
How do teachers register?
Send me an email - greg underscore jacobs at woodberry dot org - with your name and your institution. I'll put you on my list, and I'll send a link on Nov. 8!