Buy that special someone an AP Physics prep book, now with five-minute quizzes aligned with the exam: 5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics 1

Visit Burrito Girl's handmade ceramics shop, The Muddy Rabbit: Mugs, vases, bowls, tea bowls...

27 February 2010

What I've been working on...

Busy, busy time here at Woodberry.  We're approaching trimester exams; today was the last day of class before exam week.  Sunday is "consultation day," during which teachers will be in their classroom all afternoon.

My general (non-AP) physics class follows approximately the AP physics B curriculum... except that we spend from September through February on mechanics only.  The upcoming exam in that class will consist of seven problems, each one based on an authentic AP physics B problem from the last 20 years. 

I've spent the week creating new exam preparation exercises, especially for general physics.  I wrote some new exam-style questions based on AP problems; I followed these up with quizzes, and then multiple choice review exercises with the "clickers," a.k.a. classroom response system.

Things are still too hectic for now to post specifics -- baseball tryouts concluded yesterday, and I'm way behind on my grading.  But next week I will be able to start posting again.  I think these clicker review exercises will be well worth a look.

GCJ

P.S. In case you're confused, the picture is of Woodberry Forest baseball captain and soon-to-be Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket Paul Kronenfeld.  And yes, Mr. Kronenfeld IS in fact a physics student.

No comments:

Post a Comment