Buy that special someone an AP Physics prep book, now with five-minute quizzes aligned with the exam: 5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics 1

Visit Burrito Girl's handmade ceramics shop, The Muddy Rabbit: Mugs, vases, bowls, tea bowls...

01 April 2019

Jacobs Physics Podcast: S2 E4, about the experimental bouncing ball problem on the AP1 exam

Today's podcast goes deep on the experimental problem from the 2016 exam.  Digressions include:

* How many readers we needed to grade this problem
* Why and how this problem promotes creative lab work in your class
* NOT giving your students a lab sheet
* The difference between a "plausible plan" and a "detailed procedure"
* How to write, and to teach students to write, a lab procedure for the AP exam

Here's the link.  As always, feedback is welcome.  Email me or post a comment, and I'll address it in the next episode.

Tech pointer: someone mentioned having difficulty downloading a previous episode. These are all shared via google drive.  They seem to work fine for me on either an iphone, an ipad, or a computer.  (I haven't tested on a non-apple mobile device.)  I did once have my phone say "file not found"; but if I told it to "open link in new window", everything worked fine.  It worked so fine that it wouldn't shut up when I opened my music app, and I had to pause the podcast manually.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment